26 December 2012

Silence


These misty and melancholy last days of the year seem like an appropriate time to share a few nautical inspired photographs I made in Marblehead, Massachusetts this past summer.


The idea I had when shooting these scenes was to create a series of images for my father-in-law, a former Marine, who loves nautical art.  {For Christmas I printed the collection into note cards for him.}


With some photo editing and an added texture titled, "Silence" {created by Kim Klassen} the quiet colours of the solitary sail boats in this still New England harbor became painterly.


This work is a little different from what I usually create, but I do like how these images turned out and am offering them for sale here on My Front Porch ~ not sure if they will end up in my Etsy shop.  For details on this collection please click on the "photography ~ colour & monochrome" link on my side bar.


Thank you for your visit to My Front Porch

Until next time,
Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails