18 October 2011

A Shabby Country French~Inspired Collection


Hello friends!

It has been a creatively busy two months as I was preparing for the Once Upon A Dream event that took place in Asheville, NC last weekend.  I have created a collection of "Prairie Pretties" ~ the name I have given this group of shabby country French~inspired decorative home goods, party favors, and mini art inspiration kits ~ in keeping with the theme of the event.

I have a few pieces left from the vendor market and I thought that I would give you the chance of seeing them here first before I list them in my Etsy shop.
These sweet petite cotton frames are coffee and tea stained. Each frame is embellished with soft creamy velvet millinery blooms and gorgeous hand dyed and scrunched French vanilla seam binding. {I just purchased a pile of this wonderful ribbon from French Market.} All of these luscious notions are attached to the frame with a large brass quilting pin.
There is a single white pearl at the bottom of the frame and on the back of each there is a little dove stamped in permanent sepia ink.
   These darling indoor plant stakes were painted with black chalk paint, then I added some sparkle and wrapped them with gardener's twine. They make a perfect gift for a gardener or even better, as individual "place cards" at each place setting on a table for a garden party.
These simple ivory taper candles are not so simple after I wrapped them in embossed paper tied with gardener's twine.
A tiny white paper rosette is placed right above the bow for added "prettiness." The contrast of textures on the candles is so lovely when placed in tarnished sterling silver candle holders.
How about some delicate confetti sparkles for your winter celebration.  I filled these natural brown hen eggs with jeweled confetti then sealed up the eggs with layers of flowers cut from unbleached coffee filters and painted with glittery glue.
They are pretty in a vintage wrought iron egg basket or fun to crack open and sprinkle on a friend. {I think that these would be fun at a wedding too.}
For pricing information and details on each of the products mentioned above, please click on the "one of a kind gifts ~ handmade" under SHOP MY PORCH on my side bar to the right.
For those of you who have not stopped by Italian Girl in Georgia lately, I am hosting a give away for Stampington's newest magazine, mingle.  You may leave a comment here or go on and mingle a bit over at Italian Girl in Georgia to take a peek at the magazine and read my review.  Leave a comment both places and you'll have two chances to win your very own premier copy!  The winner will be chosen at the end of the month.
 
Thank you for your visit to My Front Porch.
 
Until next time,
Suzanne

~ ~ ~

Linking up with White Wednesday today.
Related Posts with Thumbnails