12 June 2011

A Tropical Paradise


These original paintings inspired by the tropical colours of the rain forests and jungles are my latest collection of little works of art that I am offering here on My Front Porch.
 Stunning as a collection or just in small groups of two, three, or four, these petite paintings are darling for a child's room or bright sun room.
Each is painted on Strathmore acid free 140 pound cold press watercolour paper and painted by hand using my favorite paint medium ~ gouache

This series of critters and tropical plant life is painted with the full intensity of the gouache, which is a denser and more opaque paint than watercolour, therefore allows for so much more saturation of colour on the paper.

I think these abstract peonies are my favorite out of the entire collection.

But this purple parrot makes me smile too.

For details on this collection, please click on the "paintwork ~ originals & prints" link on my side bar under SHOP MY PORCH.

Some of these designs are also now available on products in my Zazzle shop.  If you are interested in more than what I currently have in my Zazzle collection, please let me know what you are interested in and I will be happy to create something just for you.

Thanks so much for your visit.  Happy summer!

Until next time,
Suzanne
Related Posts with Thumbnails